Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tofu Diet

While being captured by thousands of floats flowing down St. Chas. Ave. for the past twelve hours, I became indentured in my lonely apartment. Suddenly, I realized there are hidden attributes swimming beneath my persona that longed to be free. Without hesitation, I repaired to the kitchen, took out pots that had been languishing in the cupboard, unsheathed my Pyrex knife, and began slicing vegetables as if I were born to the task. "I need extra protein to go with my new life," I said. Looking through my larder, I thumbed my nose at protein sources such as cow, or goat, or God forbid, pig. Suddenly, I found the perfect ingredient. I discovered and unwrapped the elixir of life, TOFU, and voila, the prospects of a decent meal was immediately enhanced. In the pot the tofu went along with soy sauce, water, and a secret ingredient that I have sworn never to reveal. In a separate skillet the vegies are dumped, and with water added along with the tofu water that came in the package the prospects loomed great. The little tofu cubes were tossed and browned to a golden color. The entire mixture was served over re-heated wild rice. What a taste! Fantastic it was. One problem is, I haven't washed the dishes because I didn't realize how many it took to cook such a scrumptious meal. However, any or all of you may come by at your leisure (providing it's soon) and wash them up. Also, when you address me in the future, please call me "Chef," or "Chef Peter." Nothing else will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment